Mission & Background
Fair Lawn’s Environmental Commission was created in 1982 by the Municipal Ordinance. (Part I, Chapter 2, Article XVIII, Section 2-102). It is charged with the protection, development, and use of natural resources located within the Borough. The volunteer members of our Commission have diverse backgrounds, such as the health professions, environmental sciences, computer science, and life science. All have an arch interest in protecting our natural and physical environment.
The Role of the Environmental Commission is to:
- Protect & Improve the environment in the community
- Through policies, complement state & federal efforts to ensure the protection of air, water, land, wildlife & special protection areas
- Act as a watchdog in the enforcement of State environmental laws & for contaminated site cleanups
- Inform & educate residents & act as a conduit between the public & elected officials
- Provide the Governing Body with a Municipal Environmental Resource Inventory (ERI), public liaison, advise & communication with State & County agencies
- Help implement preservation & enforcement programs to forestall costly remedial actions
- Advocate for the acquisition of open space & parks
2024 Meetings:Meetings are currently being held on Zoom; the link is below. All meetings are on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
The public is welcome to attend.
**At this time, there are currently no vacancies on the Environmental Commission Board. If interested in becoming a member when there is a vacancy, please fill out the Citizenship Leadership Form **
Meeting Zoom Link: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1613814183?pwd=QUxscnltOEpmaDZkeVJNaWtjNDJGUT09
Kris Krause, Council Liaison
Wendy Dabney, Chairperson
Joseph Mele, Planning Board Liaison
Carol Wagner, Health Dept. Rep.
Click HERE to find out more!