What should I do? What does this mean?
Effective immediately and until further notice, you are instructed to bring tap water to a rolling boil for one minute and allow the tap water to cool before using, or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking; preparing foods; mixing baby formula, food, juices or drinks; washing vegetables and fruit; cooking; making ice; brushing teeth; and washing dishes until further notice.
The following precautionary measures are also recommended:
• Throw away uncooked food or beverages or ice cubes made with tap water during the day of the advisory;
• Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking or drink bottled water;
• Do not swallow water while showering or bathing;
• Rinse hand-washed dishes with a diluted bleach solution (one tablespoon of household bleach per gallon of tap water) or clean your dishes in a dishwasher using the hot wash cycle and dry cycle;
• Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water;
• Provide pets with drinking water that has been boiled (and cooled).
Please continue to boil your water or use bottled water until you receive official notification from the Borough that the boil water advisory has been lifted and no longer in effect.
The Borough is working as quickly as possible on these repairs and we thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions please contact the Water Department directly at 201-794-5374. Please DO NOT call 911 or the Police Department concerning this advisory.
Recent Food Recalls
(Click on the product to learn more)