We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
The Fair Lawn Municipal Court is responsible for the prosecution, trial and ultimate disposition of offenses committed within the territorial limits and boundaries of the Borough. These offenses include, but are not limited to, all motor vehicle and traffic laws; all violations of the New Jersey Criminal Justice Code classified as disorderly persons and petty disorderly persons offenses; all violations of Borough Ordinances and Codes. The responsibility also includes the prosecution of DWI (driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drug) offenses, and issuance of temporary restraining orders involving incidents of domestic violence.
The Court handles the processing of initial complaints, summonses, arrest warrants, search warrants, probable cause hearings, suppression of evidence motions, subpoenas, failure to appear notices, motor vehicle suspension notices, and commitments to the jail and/or county mental health facilities, discharges, bail determinations, and arraignments.
In addition, its duties also include the appointment of public defenders for indigent defendants, and determinations regarding jail or alternative sentencing options like drug and alcohol intervention programs, mental health intervention programs, violence counseling and complimentary dispute resolution (mediation).
- Quality Service
Matters Heard By Municipal Court
- Traffic and Parking violations
- Town Ordinance violations
- Disorderly person offenses
- Petty disorderly person offenses
- Weights and Measure violations
- Private Citizen complaints-traffic and criminal
The Violations Bureau, Which Is A Branch Of The Court, Handles The Collections Of Fines For Summonses Issued In Fair Lawn.
The Violations Bureau And Court Are Located At 8-01 Fair Lawn Avenue, Suite 204, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410.
- Violation Office hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Court Sessions: Wednesday at 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM
- For information regarding your court date or case:
- Call the Municipal Court Office at (201) 794-5348
- Email address: COURT@FAIRLAWN.ORG
- Facscimile 201-703-4262.
- The Court is presided over by a Municipal Court Judge who is appointed to a three (3) year term by the Borough Council. The current Municipal Court Judge is Giuseppe Randazzo. The Municipal Courts day to day operations are managed by Clare M. Cabibbo, Certified Municipal Court Administrator.
FAIR LAWN 2024 COURT DATES
**Virtual court session available **
|Your Day In Court
|Do I qualify for a Public Defender?
|Pay Ticket/Complaint Online
|Self-Help - Rules of Court for Pro Se
|Public Defender Application
|Time Payment Request Application