Business Recycling Requirements
All Fair Lawn businesses are required to recycle as per Borough ordinance and New Jersey State Law. Recyclables must be separated from regular solid waste. Mixing of recyclables and solid waste is in violation of the law, despite many carting companies stating that it is acceptable.
The following recycling requirements are in effect for all Fair Lawn businesses. If you have any questions, please contact the Recycling Office at (201) 794-5341 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials to Recycle:
- Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, office waste paper, computer paper and copier paper.
- Glass bottles & jars
- Plastic bottles, jugs and jars
- Tin and aluminum cans
- Yard waste
- Metal and appliances
- Motor oil*
- Food waste*
* These items are not mandated to be recycled but recycling them is encouraged.
Business Recycling Registration:
All business are required to register with the Recycling Division by January 10th of each year. This registration outlines how the business is going to recycle during the year to meet the recycling requirements. The business registration form is available for download
as a PDF file.
Annual Business Recycling Report:
All businesses doing business in Fair Lawn are required to report their previous year's recycling tonnage to the Recycling Coordinator by March 1st of each year. (ex. The report on recycling tonnage for 2018 is due on March 1, 2019).
Businesses are required to report the following for each commodity recycled:
- Commodity (paper, cardboard, food waste, etc.)
- Number of tons, cubic yards, etc. (please specify tons, cy, etc.)
- Recycling Market: (Company that recycled your material)
- Recycling Market Address:
- Recycling Market Phone: